Gurgaon News and Information , General Information, Property, Corporate News, Gurgaon Information Directory, Gurgaon News

 

Delhi court issues NBW against Quattrocchi

A Delhi court has issued an open non-bailable warrant (NBW) against italian businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi, accused in the Bofors case.

The court order came on an application moved by CBi in Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court seeking initiation of legal proceedings to extradite Quattrocchi from Argentina where he was detained following an interpol Red Corner notice and later released on bail.

issuing the NBW against Quattrocchi, CMM Seema Maini, ordered CBi to file a detailed status report in the case on or before March 14.

The government said in Parliament on Tuesday that an NBW against Quattraocchi dated February 1997 was issued by the Court of Special Judge, Delhi, under various sections of the law, including that of Prevention of Corruption Act.

However, in view of the orders of the Delhi High Court in February, 2004 and May, 2005, the proceedings against public servants and certain other accused had been quashed.

The government said that to effect his extradition and to fulfill the requirements of the Argentinian extradition law, it was felt necessary to seek a fresh warrant of arrest which was obtained from Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Delhi.

The CBi sent the extradition request to the government on the same day for completing the required diplomatic and legal formalities, the statement said.














© 2011-2012 gurgaoncitynews.com